[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Need Script to move sent message to correct folder

Need Script to move sent message to correct folder

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Need Script to move sent message to correct folder

Postby RBernier » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:58 am

When composing and sending a new message, the message is placed in the "regular" sent folder.

I want to create a script that will look at the From address. If the From address is my IMAP email address, then I want the copy of the sent message moved to my IMAP sent folder. Otherwise, the message can be placed in the regular sent folder.

I'm trying to learn the scripting, but thus far I am getting nowhere. I would appreciate any help available in creating this script.

TIA
Ron Bernier
Woonsocket, RI
RBernier
Resident Poster

Postby Michael » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:29 pm

By the IMAP sent folder I am presuming you mean the folder on the server. If you cannot achieve this with a filter then I doubt that a script could do this either. I may well be wrong on this as I have not done any scirpting from IMAP accounts.
Michael

Postby RBernier » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:47 pm

Michael wrote:By the IMAP sent folder I am presuming you mean the folder on the server. If you cannot achieve this with a filter then I doubt that a script could do this either. I may well be wrong on this as I have not done any scirpting from IMAP accounts.

I do mean the IMAP sent folder on the server. This process cannot be acheived via a filter as the filter options don't offer access to any of the IMAP folders. It is possible to create a filter in Eudora 6..2.1.2 to accomplish this. I was hoping to be able to come up with a similar solution in PocoMail and PocoMail PE.
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Script to move message to IMAP folder

Postby RBernier » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:53 am

I guess from the lack of response that my request is not possible. Unfortunately, for me, this is a show stopper. I had purchesed both PocoMail and PocoMail PE. I like PocoMail very much, but if it isn't capable of working the way I need it to, I have no choice but to stop using it. I will continue to use PocoMail PE when I travel, but I have removed PocoMail from my computer. I have installed and will use The Bat for my default email program. Fortunately for me, The Bat will place my sent IMAP messages in the correct IMAP folder and synchronize properly with the server.
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To