[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Removing X-Mailer header

Removing X-Mailer header

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Removing X-Mailer header

Postby m8urnett » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:29 am

Is there any way to supress the X-Mailer header?
For security reasons, I don't really want to send my mail client name and exact version and build number to everyone I send an e-mail to:
X-Mailer: PocoMail 3.1 (1880) - Licensed Version

M. Burnett
m8urnett
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:10 am

Most probably it is doable via Pocoscript.

If you do not want to play with that, or if no one will post a quick script for that, try the X-Ray app from http://www.xrayapp.com/xray/xray.shtml, one of it's functions is to remove or replace any of your outgoing email headers.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:58 pm

The following script seems to do the trick:
Code: Select all
Set $OnErrorGoTo "POCO_ERROR"
DeleteHeader "X-Mailer" %message
EXIT
:POCO_ERROR
MessageBox "Could not find the X-Mailer header. Sorry!"
EXIT
Technically, you probably only need the second line, so the script could be very short.

To use the script, set up a filter on outgoing messages (use the filter dialog box, select the "Outgoing" tab, and then "Add Script").

My "standard warranty" applies: It works on my system. You probably ought not to trust it without some vigorous testing!
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To