[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - anti-virus and pocomailpe

anti-virus and pocomailpe

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

anti-virus and pocomailpe

Postby DarkVelvet » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:02 am

I enjoyed being a PocoMailPE user for many years, until my inbox(es) were being quarantined by Norton/Symantec Corporate Edition. When that started happening, I moved to Thunderbird. Much has been said about tweeking anti-virus settings to keep this from happening (see http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265&highlight=nav), but I depend the portability of PocoMailPE. So, if I'm in a cyber cafe, or computer lab, or at a friend or colleague's house, and tweeking the settings on the anti-virus scanner isn't an option, then PocoMailPE isn't that functional in the portable state. I really want to switch back to PocoMailPE because I miss the incredible functionality of the program, but I've not experienced the anti-virus issues at all with Thunderbird.

Any thoughts from forum regulars?
DarkVelvet
New Arrival

Re: anti-virus and pocomailpe

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:51 am

Hi DarkVelvet & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
DarkVelvet wrote:Any thoughts from forum regulars?
Norton (NAV or NIS) always quarantine the mailbox, instead of the infected message. Really annoying.
It's been a long time since I removed NIS from my system and for the better.
Don't understand me wrong.
NAV is a good AV, but a resource hog, doesn't update regularly, almost no support, other than redirecting your request to webpages which you already saw before. And last but not least the price for upgrading yearly. :?

I don't know if it helps, but isn't there an option in the NAV console about actions to perform on infected messages prior to quarantining.
It all depends on the settings in NAV, NIS at the cyber cafe, or computer lab, or at a friend or colleague's house, I think.

Sorry, it's been too long since I used it.
Happy KAV user now. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To